Here are some of the topics they are suggesting:
Special Issue: Technology & Social Media – in education
To mark this important transition of the journal, a special issue will focus on technology & social media in education. Submitted articles should focus upon current theories, practice, or emerging trends and understandings within the context of teaching & learning, learning environments, or informal learning.
Some suggested topics are listed below:
- Social and participatory media (e.g., blogs, wikis, microblogging, video sharing) in teaching & learning.
- Mobile technologies, txting, or microblogging in learning, or implications for social justice & politics.
- Practical or philosophical discussions on open content or open educational resources.
- Implications & trends regarding open publishing & academia.
- Online communities as formal and/or informal learning environments.
- Openness and/or networks in teaching & learning.
- Case studies of successful technology integration into learning environments.
- Discussions of distance, online, distributed, or flexible learning models in practice.
- Changing views & frameworks of knowledge and implications for education.
- Social networks, participatory media, and the implications for information & media literacy.
- Personal learning networks (PLNs), personal learning environments (PLEs) or related frameworks.
- Other topics related to social media, technology, and education.