Created by Ruth Elliott

Welcome! Join me as I reflect on my learning journey with Web 2.0 tools. I'm sure I will find bandwagons to jump on along the way. Let's enjoy the trip.

Monday, July 6, 2009

Learning the hard way

Image representing Zemanta as depicted in Crun...Image via CrunchBase

On Saturday when I first created this blog, I just kept adding more and more entries. I was using Zemanta to insert photos, links, and even news items. However, when I tried to use a site that checks how long it takes your page to load, my page would not load. It kept timing out. I put the blog address on the links for our class. Even there, it would not load. I suspected that all of the extras that Zemanta was giving me were taking up too much memory. I began deleting things--first the photos, next the news items, later the entries themselves. Nothing was working. My blog was still timing out before it would load.

I went online to ask for help. The next morning I had my answer. And was my face red. I am very used to typing my hotmail address or my school email address. So here was the address I was using for my blog: http://rielliott@blogspot.com. Why wasn't it working?
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment